Tuesday 20 November 2007

7th and 25 days and counting to go HOME!

(WARNING. LONG POST WITHOUT ANY ILLUSTRATION OR WHAT SO EVER. JUST WORDS.)




20/11/2007.


When i wrote the date for Physics notes today, really can't believe that its been 2 months since I arrived in the Bath place. Which only means 2 things.

That time FLIES. and.

























25 days till my flight back HOME. HOMEEEE. Nasi Lemak I'm coming!


Its been a long week for me here. Had 2 reports to do and a presentation last week. Then Maths test yesterday and German assessment today. Oh and did i mentioned that I'm taking German now as an extra unit? Extra 3 credit. Doesn't count in the overall degree though, but its gonna be there and its useful, for whatever plans me and my dad has. =)

Well its not wrong to say that I'm getting bored already here. Academically and non-academically. I mean, of coures you could argue that if I'm bored i could take my time to study. I still does it sometimes, but hey, not every time also i must take book out and read right? I need something else. Like going out to meet friends and hang around. Old friends. I like all my new friends here, but its just a different feeling altogether. Its been 2 months here and most people had gone around UK to visit friends in London, Cambridge, Nottingham, Cardiff etc. But I have not been AWAY from BATH for 2 months. I'm not criticising Bath, its the best place in the world to study and get your certificate. But ask any student who stays here and they can tell you that they will K.O here if singgah here for more than a week if you take away Bath University.

Well talk about entertainment in Bath. Other than football league and basketball occasionally and watching Arsenal games with those really cool Arsenal fans, AND, of coures clubs/pubs, there is nothing much to do here really. Well i suppose i could join all those clubs and go social here and there or go to those night activities on campus. There is a Bath Theatre though, its quite big and I always see lots of people coming out every night after a show. Lots of posters around and looks interesting too. Not sure if its stage play or orchestra. Must try 1 day. I know its very fun but its just not my kind of activities this time around.

If you are surprised. For your info. Jiat have not been to a CLUB for a MONTH liao. YES. 30 DAYS. Ya, I don't know whats going on too. I mean I've lots of invitation but i just seem to find lots of reasons not to go. Like homework, next day got class, tired. Hmmph. Maybe its the money factor. I went around asking my friends in London and other places how much they spent a week. Some say 50, some 30, some 20, and, a good friend in London, said he spent only 10-15pounds a week. OMFG WTF? In London spent so little? Yau mou? Well i spent on average 50 a week. Now without those clubs maybe 40+. But i suppose its inevitable, i need the money for food and stuff. I'm trying to cut down the amount of $$ i spent on food outside, as in keluar makan. If I'm real lazy would go out and buy. But mind you, I wouldn't be afraid to spent for food in Sainsburys or just makan-makan outside.

Is 50pounds a week a lot? If you are leaving in the UK, how much do you spent a week? I mean I don't go shopping to buy clothes and shoes and stuff. The only thing I really shop was some sports stuff like gloves and socks and shin guard and my beg from JJB. Other than that nothing really expensive liao. Means I'm actually not spending that much la right? Why do I just get the feeling that I'm using that much $$. Hmm..

Its been raining here for a few days now, and according to forecast its gonna rain everyday till friday. Temperature is up and down. Last week -1 to bout 6, this week 3 to 8 degrees. Although I claim then I'm British-nised already and those cock and bull stories, I still have to admit that its quite cold especially when its raining. But I still wear a shirt and a jacket and shorts when its 7 or 8 degrees in the afternoon while walking around town. I just like it when those people(especially ANG MOH) who give me the looks like:" What on earth is this Asian boy thinking wearing shorts in this weather? Chi Xin." LOL.

Thats how adventurous i get.

Oh and special mention to those who are taking STPM(mainly Peng Yew Li Teng and Yih Ren and Shern Shern and whoever I dint mention) :

Good Luck and All the best! You done it before and no doubt you can do it again!

Sorry for the late wishes coz I long time no blog and just realised! But better late than never!

Oh and speaking of 2 months not getting out of Bath. Theres a 60% chance I might go down to London this weekend to chill and meet some mates. Let me just check if I have any obligations or circumstances that might halt my visit to Lundun. I just thought of it yesterday and asked mom, she said NO PROBLEM. Wee. Well, so you London people if you read this then please be ready for Jiat. I want the best food and anyone want to follow me for EMIRATES STADIUM TOUR on SATURDAY? 5 pounds only i think? Can get to see their changing room(including those gym place, spa, game room, press conference room etccccc) and directors box and bench and the museum as well! So any London people up for it? As if I have lots of London people reading my Bath-ing blog. Just a matter of interest. Hehe.

Ok. 2.30am now. ZZZzzz. I'm just avoiding the question of my Bath pictures. Sorry I really havent got any decent pictures to post yet. I will take it when I have time.

p.s. sunsets at 4pm here! And just for your info, Nottingham, Loughborough, Birmingham, Warwick etc snowed yesterday. Melanie(a postgraduate) said that it only snowed in January for the last 3 years. Climate change is really ketara now a days. Time for some global warming issues.

2 comments:

selphie guan said...

I'm in!!! Let me know if u r coming...=)

Nimalan D said...

I want to go Emirates......If u come with me Old Trafford.Nola I'm in.If you need a place to crash....